"A very good source for knowing the range of the trendy self-discipline of biogeography, and its background and destiny, particularly inside of geography departments. I count on to consult it often."
- Professor Sally Horn, college of Tennessee
"As you flick thru this high quality e-book you may be struck via the various subject matters that biogeographers examine and the numerous examine tools they use.... Biogeography is interdisciplinary, and a commonly-voiced situation is that one biogeographer would possibly not without difficulty comprehend another's study findings. A guide like this is often very important for synthesising, situating, explaining and comparing a wide literature, and pointing the reader to informative publications."
- Geographical Research
"A precious contribution in either a examine and educating context. when you are biologically expert, it offers an in depth investigate the geographical culture of biogeography, overlaying a few subject matters that could be much less widespread to these with an evolution/ecology history. however, while you are a geography scholar, researcher, or lecturer, it's going to supply an invaluable reference and may be necessary to the non-biogeographer who unexpectedly has the educating of an introductory biogeography direction thrust upon them."
- Adam C. Algar, Frontiers of Biogeography
The SAGE instruction manual of Biogeography is a guide for scoping the prior, current and way forward for biogeography that let readers to think about, the place proper, how comparable biogeographical matters are tackled through researchers in numerous 'schools'. in accordance with the concept that of all SAGE Handbooks, it is a retrospective and potential evaluation of biogeography that will:
- Consider the most parts of biogeography researched by way of geographers
- Detail a world standpoint via incorporating the paintings of other faculties of biogeographers
- Ecplore the divergent evolution of biogeography as a self-discipline and look at how this range may be harnessed
- Examine the interdisciplinary debates that biogeographers are contributing to inside geography and the organic sciences.
Aimed at a global viewers of study scholars, teachers, researchers and practitioners in biogeography, the textual content will allure curiosity from environmental scientists, ecologists, biologists and geographers alike.