By Steven F. Railsback,Volker Grimm
Agent-based modeling is a brand new method for figuring out how the dynamics of organic, social, and different advanced platforms come up from the features and behaviors of the brokers making up those platforms. This cutting edge textbook offers scholars and scientists the talents to layout, enforce, and study agent-based types. It starts off with the basics of modeling and gives an creation to NetLogo, an easy-to-use, loose, and robust software program platform. 9 chapters then each one introduce an incredible modeling suggestion and exhibit the best way to enforce it utilizing NetLogo. The ebook is going directly to current suggestions for locating the fitting point of version complexity and constructing idea for agent habit, and for examining and studying from models.
Agent-Based and Individual-Based Modeling gains concise and obtainable textual content, various examples, and routines utilizing small yet clinical types. The emphasis all through is on analysis--such as software program trying out, thought improvement, robustness research, and knowing complete models--and on layout matters like optimizing version constitution and discovering reliable parameter values.
- The first hands-on advent to agent-based modeling, from conceptual layout to computing device implementation to parameterization and research
- Designed for college kids and researchers around the organic and social sciences
- Written by means of best practitioners
Read or Download Agent-Based and Individual-Based Modeling: A Practical Introduction PDF
Best system theory books
Laboratory layout advisor 2ed takes the reader in the course of the advanced levels of laboratory layout and building, delivering functional suggestion and exact examples. Brian Griffin's operating handbook covers the most recent designs for brand spanking new and evolving laboratory practices and gear and comprises present and destiny specifications for laboratories corresponding to automation.
Realizing the elastoplastic deformation of metals and geomaterials, together with the constitutive description of the fabrics and research of constitution present process plastic deformation, is a necessary a part of the historical past required through mechanical, civil, and geotechnical engineers in addition to fabrics scientists.
There are various equipment of sturdy controller layout for nonlinear structures. In trying to transcend the minimal requirement of balance, Adaptive Dynamic Programming in Discrete Time techniques the not easy subject of optimum regulate for nonlinear structures utilizing the instruments of adaptive dynamic programming (ADP).
This usual textual content provides a unified remedy of passivity and L2-gain conception for nonlinear country house structures, preceded via a compact remedy of classical passivity and small-gain theorems for nonlinear input-output maps. The synthesis among passivity and L2-gain idea is equipped by means of the idea of dissipative platforms.
- Systemanalyse menschlichen Handelns: Grundlagen und Ansätze zur Modellbildung (German Edition)
- The Influence of Demographic Stochasticity on Population Dynamics: A Mathematical Study of Noise-Induced Bistable States and Stochastic Patterns (Springer Theses)
- Critical Complexity: Collected Essays (Categories)
- Toward a Unified Ecology (Complexity in Ecological Systems)
- Linear Port-Hamiltonian Systems on Infinite-dimensional Spaces: 223 (Operator Theory: Advances and Applications)
- Power System Dynamics and Control (Control Engineering)
Extra resources for Agent-Based and Individual-Based Modeling: A Practical Introduction